Wednesday, September 9, 2009

i saw it from the beginning.

"You and I have a special talent," Claire says to Drew. "And I saw it immediately. We're the substitute people. I've been the substitute person my whole life. I'm not an Ellen. I never wanted to be an Ellen. And I'm not a Cindy either…I like being alone too much. I mean, I'm with a guy who is married to his academic career. I rarely see him and I'm the substitute person there. I like it that way. It's a lot less pressure."

---

but is it enough to be a substitute person, but love that you're a substitute person? it lets people go to you for their personal reasonings, and not effect you or dilute yourself when they dont want to be involved. maybe i just made it evident why i shouldn't love being a substitute person. it sounds like an easier way to explain to people that you enjoy solitude, but making your presence in the world known.. if only a trifle.. for smidgen of time in people's lives.



(“ Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over. — Gloria Nay)



i'm out.
xo.





[ we're the substitute people. ]






i need to read his post a little more: http://www.littlenuancesblog.com/2006/03/substitute-people.html

1 comment:

  1. my blog is better!

    tonight was fun! thanks for helping with the cake!
    see you sooooon, probably not till saturday thought, because i havn't hung out with sierra in forever! and friday me and nathan are going to be alone =D

    "sweet, sweet hanging"
    niiiiii

    ReplyDelete